Try Tracking: The Puppy Tracking Primer will teach you how to get the most out of your puppy's excellent nose. A fun way to bond with your dog and get fit.
Works with adult dogs too
Warning: Last items in stock!
By Carolyn Krause
Edition: 2005 Paperback, 90 pages
Your dog is a nose with legs!
Mother Nature equipped our canine companions with an ability to smell that is at least 300 times - some say 1,000 times - more powerful than our own. It is the most important way that your dog gathers information about the world.
Tracking is something that comes naturally to each and every dog, no matter what age, what breed or what size. Teaching your dog to track is the perfect to way to spend time together, build your relationship, and challenge both of you mentally and physically. You can teach very young puppies to track even before they can start formal obedience training, and these positive methods work with adult dogs, too.
Why you and your dog should Try Tracking
* Tracking is fun both you and your dog when you use these positive methods.
* Any age dog can be taught to track 6 week-old puppies on up to senior citizens.
* It improves fitness for both dog and owner!
* It is mentally stimulating for both of you.
* You'll gain a new-found respect for just how smart your dog is.