Visiting The Dog Park By Cheryl S. Smith. Dog parks can be a wonderful way to exercise and stimulate your dog, this book with help make your visit a positive and safe experience.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Edition: 2007 Paperback, 128 pages
Dog parks can be a wonderful way to give your dog exercise as well as social and mental stimulation. They are also a great place to meet dog-friendly people and pets. Dog park design, rules of etiquette, and conflict resolution all play an important role in making your visit a positive and safe experience. Find out how to make the most of these opportunities. Cheryl provides you with the information you need to know including:
* The design features a well-planned park should have.
* The four key behaviors your dog needs to know to thrive in a dog park.
* Dog park etiquette - for both humans and dogs.
* How to evaluate your dog's temperament to determine if he is dog-park ready.
* How to read canine body language to anticipate and prevent problems.
Anyone who takes their dog to a dog park - especially those who may have had some negative experiences - should benefit from reading this book. For you trainers who are asked by your clients about the pros and cons of dog parks, this book should be on your recommended reading list.